Dear Baby Boy

by - January 04, 2019



Dear Baby Boy,

You are due any day now.

In this last moments, as I lay awake night after night, I'm anxious to meet you. You have already changed my life so much, and I can't wait to see your squishy new face.

Yet, as anxious as I am to meet you I am also anxious to hold onto these last moments.

These last moments of you kickboxing me and squirming in your haven that is my belly.

These last moments when I feel like I actually have some semblance of control over just how quickly you grow.

I just went to check in on your big brother. (He loves you so much, by the way. He is already making sure you are never left out and covering my belly with kisses.)

But, as I checked on your brother, I saw just how big he is. For a moment, I saw a flash of the little baby he once was - the little baby you will be when we meet.

And I realized, it won't be long until you are that big. It won't be long until you are bigger and stronger and wiser than he is right now.

These days, these moments, are so fleeting. Year after year, I'm amazed by just how quickly my babies grow.

Even with you, baby boy, it seems like we just found out you would be joining our family and now you're almost here.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, you can take your time. I know that soon you will be here bringing joy and pride into our home, and just as soon you will be grown up and starting a family of your own.

So you can take your time. I say this now, and don't think I don't mean it when I'm anxiously awaiting your arrival. I'm excited to meet you, but I know that our days are numbered. I'm just thankful that they are numbered by the One who also knows what's best for you and me.

I love you, and I will see you soon.

Love,
Mama

You May Also Like

0 comments